Saturday, September 12, 2009

For every thing there is a season.....

So much has happened since my last post...Megan, Allan and Allie are in Utah now and I miss them terribly. Nicki and Jason have a new son, Hudson weighing in at 7lbs 11oz. Tessa is a big Sister! She delights in telling everyone very enthusiasticly, and with huge eyes, that Hudson came out of her mommy's tummy! She is doing a great job adjusting to sharing mom with her new brother. No small task for a two, nearly three, year old. I think Hudson looks quite a bit like Jason did when he was a newborn.
Since Megan left the school, a new Director has been hired to run the preschool and childcare. Her name is Angeli and she is a nice person. I think, however, that she was not given all of the information needed to come into the program understanding what her responsibilities would entail. She is learning and adapting to the new position despite the lack of training from the administration at the school. Amanda and I try to help her as much as possible without seeming to take over. It is difficult to transition for all of us to go from Megan's smooth program to a new Director with new ideas and rules and seeming temporary disorder. Some of the parents are complaining and voicing concern about the changes.
Things are still difficult for me as far as my job goes. Still in conflict with the superintendent and another teacher on campus. Still waiting for things to happen with the union representatives and the school district. Still facing unbearable stress and harrassment issues. But hey, I have a job and a paycheck and I love the children. In time I hope things will work out.
Our family garden is producing an over abundance of tomatos, zuccini, bell peppers and did I mention tomatos! Amanda and I picked 5 buckets of tomatos and other veggies and took them to the neighbors today. They were very happy to get the fresh, organic produce....especially since it was free. I have been enjoying tomato sandwiches for the last several weeks and just eating them fresh off of the vine. I love them like that, warm from the sun and so sweet and yummy!
We need to figure out what to plant for the next season of our garden. Brother Salmon is the authority on that so I will be consulting his expertise. He is such a wealth of information and Skip is so helpful too. They are really terrific friends.
We continue to be blessed by great friends and family who help to buoy us up and help us to grow when we need that important support. Besides, it is just really nice to feel the love of so many in our lives. Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.

No comments: