Monday, April 13, 2009

Gratitude for blessings

Easter always makes me think of the wonderful blessings that are ours through the Atonement, crucifixion, and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. What beautiful promises for life eternal in exchange for our obedience and dedication to His commandments. A simple request. It also makes me realize that no matter what I do, or how hard I try, I can never really repay Him for the pains that I have personally caused Him to suffer for my sins. It is difficult for my mortal mind to comprehend the unconditional love that Heavenly Father and Jesus has for each of us. I am so greatful for the blessings I receive each day.

It also causes me to ponder the great blessing of prayer and how answers to complicated problems and situations come pouring down from Heaven when we are in times of need. The Lord truly hears and answers prayers, especially the prayers of little children and of mothers. I don't mean to take anything away from men by this comment, I just feel such a connection as a mother to Heavenly Father through prayer.

With Colby's recent surgery I find that there is always a prayer in my heart for his healing, for his comfort, for his family's comfort and for understanding and acceptance. I know that prayers are being answered for Colby. It is so cute to hear Tessa and Allie spontaneously want to pray for Colby- such innocense and faith in young children. I know that their little "pleas" for his well being are being heard and answered.

Erin reports that Colby is improving daily from the infection that has invaded his little body and that the doctors are getting his blood pressure under control during this hospital stay. I am so greatful for the miracles that happen in our lives that testify of divine interventions. What a blessing to have the Gospel knowledge that has been restored to us in this day to rely upon.

No comments: